Thursday, April 9, 2009

Viral is as viral does...n't?

Spreading the word

It's an area that interests me, especially for apps with Junkk.com.

Hence the comments in the thread become even more pertinent.

I love the way the BBC and its luvvies somehow disconnect so often themselves from being the only national broadcast entity there is which, oh, I dunno, may influence who wants to 'help' them (U2, Brute?), and how good, old-fashioned promotion on the MSM is still a heck of a way of boosting up one of a trillion bits of work in the e-ther to getting noticed at all, much less judged and/or repsonded to.

Nice that Aunty (we) didn't have to pay. Shame we didn't get a cut of the massive promo value to the creators, mind.

Any stats on how many folk actually stayed with it all the way though to snag the 55k+ views?

Speaking of hooks, I am sure there was some nice, funny stuff later on, but really, life was too short. Ok, I fib. Was it a Labour of love? Or... something more conservative? I fear I err on the latter.

No comments: