Tuesday, May 27, 2008

For me, a fever usually just means feeling nauseous

This reminds me of all those No 1 best sellers, that have that emblazoned on the book even though it has only just hit the racks.

Sex and the City fever breaks out in the UK

I'm intrigued my such headlines, which often make me wonder whether they are reflecting reality on the ground, or an ideal yet to be realised, but hoped for in more rarified places. They can often look more like they have been copied off a press release.

There is no doubt a lot of money has been spent, and the return on that investment if/when the public responds will be a useful validation of the power of advertising and PR.

As in other blogs I am starting to see some obits on the trend to more modest behaviours as climate and credit bites, the beneficiaries of all the fine examples of such lavish lifestyle choices, and their cheerleaders, have much to be proud about.

Escapism is all, but here's hoping some realities are reflected along the way as well. Maybe it could be a case of 'Look, but don't feel you need to go into hock to emulate'?

I guess I'm just not the target. Sorry, Manolo.

No comments: